Last time, I did collage with the clients at the site. I chose nature material such as leaves, flowers, and so forth. First time, I gave the people have many choices for their art work. But, since they have mental retardation and other psychological disabilities such as learning disability and other multi-disabilities, they showed me uncomfortable feeling when I gave many choices and made them to choose.
Therefore, for the colllage program, I gave them just two colors to color and draw on the paper. People felt much bette with this program comapare with having many choices.
They enjoyed touch differen nature things since they were not able to move and to see outside, I thought using materials from nature. Also, people said colloge's easier than drawing and painting.
I am getting better with spending time with the clients because I got better understaing about them from having several time with them and from supervision tiem with my supervisor.
No comments:
Post a Comment